Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW DAY!

The snow day used to be a source of elation as a student...but now, it is just a source of dread.
Scout and I luckily sprinted 4 miles chasing squirrels in the trails before the storm arrived. I think she sensed my sense of urgency to get her "wiggles" out.
I had clients this morning, so I couldnt work out until later...after the storm hit! I wasnt going to risk driving back to the gym, so I busted out a little WOD in my apartment.

7 med ball squat cleans ( 20 lb)
7 burpees
15 rounds

15:21

I was drenched! I love how I can get shaky legs without even moving from a single spot.
I took Scout out of her cage when I was finished and she was licking me like I had been gone for months! I really dont know what she must have been thinking as I did this workout...

I threw the ball for her down our long hallway outside my apartment, and chased her all around...by accident, I nailed the suspended EXIT sign on the ceiling with the ball and it is now dangling by a wire..oops
We finished the night with some oven mitt wrestling. ( I have a cow shaped oven mitt that drives Scout up a wall). The other thing that really pushes her buttons is a shower cap at my parent's house. We cant figure out why she is so threatened by it! it has holes in it now ( because if her)..but my mom keeps it in the same place in her bathroom, just so we can watch the "Scout show" when I come over. As soon as we come into the house, Scout runs right upstairs and barks at the shower cap...if she gets a hold of it..you need the jaws of life to pry it away from her. The other night, I came up and she had pulled it off of the faucet, and turned the water on in the process. She was sitting there soaking wet wrestling with a shower cap...this is what goes on. :)

No comments: